Register for the 2020-2021 Training Courses
2020 – 2021 Year-Long Training Course
Join the hundreds of teachers who have completed the iTaLAM online training!
Available year-long training courses:
How and When is it Taught?
Participants in the year-long iTaLAM courses will be required to take part in seven independent sessions (viewing video recordings from the summer sessions), in addition to seven monthly online sessions (the sessions will take place at 6:00PM Israel time and will last one hour) on the following dates:
Starting from October 28th, studying iTaLAM will be independent. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org For those who have missed this registration deadline and are still interested in training or need assistance, please contact Keren email@example.com.
Courses and Dates
iTaLAM 1 – New Teachers
iTaLAM 2 – New Teachers
iTaLAM 1 – Veteran Teachers
iTaLAM 2 – Veteran Teachers
January 24th (end of conference vacation)
What Will I Learn?
Throughout the sessions we will deal with the following subjects: content according to the curriculum for each grade based on the Hebrew calendar, we will speak about the COVID period and the challenges it presents, such as: building a community–solidifying a class as a community, remote group work, promoting interactivity within the parameters of social distancing, encouraging verbal and conversational expression, sharing Hebrew and Jewish heritage in the home and with family–home environment, a dynamic learning environment. We will also delve into formative assessment, LMS, indicators and standards. Join us for a fascinating exploration of the iTaLAM program!
Note: The administrator training and Torah training ended in the Summer. If you are interested in an additional administrator of Torah training, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Cost?
2020 – 2021 Training from September – May
8 online synchronous sessions in September through May
7 offline sessions
Who Should Attend?
- The curriculum courses iTaLAM 1-5 and the Torah course are appropriate for teachers who are new to iTaLAM or teachers who are teaching a new grades iTaLAM curriculum. – FREE*
- The New Course for Experienced Teachers: Adapting iTaLAM materials for students with language-based learning difficulties – is only for teachers who have attended at least two iTaLAM Training Institutes in the last five years. –FREE*
- The Administrator and Coordinator course is for administrators and Hebrew/Judaic Studies coordinators only. –FREE
*FREE – Annual courses according to the student package benefit details – gold, silver, and bronze
Register for the 2020-2021 Training Courses
iTaL AM 1, 2 , 3, 4 and 5 Training Institutes in parallel tracks are usually offered in different locations twice during the year:
The Summer iTaLAM Institute:
Part I of the Training Institute presents theory and methodology underlying the iTaLAM program, and introduces the units studied during the first half of the school year.
The Mid-year or Winter iTaLAM Institute:
Part II of the Training Institute is devoted to the units studied during the second half of the school year, while continuing to expand on the pedagogical approach of iTaLAM.
2020 -2021 School Year:
Due to Covid-19 the 2020-2021 training will take place as online training courses
in place of the Face-to-Face Training Institutes.
Tracks offered at the training:
- iTaLAM 1
- iTaLAM 2
- iTaLAM 3
- iTaLAM 4
- iTaLAM 5
- Administrator and Hebrew/Judaic Studies Coordinator Track
- Experienced Teachers: Adapting iTaLAM materials for students with language-based learning difficulties
In grades 1 -5 iTaLAM digital and print materials are fully integrated and complementary to one another. Therefore, if you register for one of these grades, you will be training to use both the digital and the print materials.
When you make your travel arrangements, please plan to arrive prior to the start of the program and depart after its conclusion. Check in and registration begin at 8:30 AM on the first day of the training. Training ends at 4:00 PM on the final day of the training
Training Institute Benefits
The institutes enable participants to:
- Study the brain-based learning principles of iTaLAM.
- Learn the methodology of Communicative & Heritage Language and Literacy Development.
- Become acquainted with the content, concepts, skills and material of the program.
- Observe iTaLAM instruction on videotaped lessons of classes studying with the program.
- Learn how to assess students’ achievements and use results for planned instruction.
- Observe alternative teaching approaches and ways of organizing the classroom.
- Fine-tune instructional skills to serve students’ varied learning styles and needs.
- Learn to prepare a classroom portfolio and utilize it to communicate the achievements of each student, the curriculum learned, and its linkage to the next grade.
Registration for participation in a training institute can be cancelled
Winter 2021 Training Institutes
- Up to 14 days before the institute for a full refund
- Up to 7 days before the institute for a 50% refund of the full price
- After 7 days before the institute, or non-attendance for a 20% refund of the full price
Where and when will the Winter 2021 Institute take place?
When: February 8 – 11, 2021
Where: New Jersey – Wilshire Grand Hotel,West Orange, NJ
Summer 2021 Training Institutes
Where and when will the Summer 2021 Institute take place?
When: June 21 – 24, 2021
Where: Wilshire Grand Hotel,West Orange, NJ
When: July 5 – 8, 2021
Where: Ramat Rachel Hotel, Jerusalem, Israel